Zentai presents new evidence

April 27, 2010 Agencies
Read on for article

In a bid to avoid extradition to Budapest to face questioning about the murder of 18-year-old Peter Balazs in Budapest in 1944, Perth resident Charles Zentai’s son Ernie Steiner,  has preseneted new evidence pointing to his father’s innocence to the Attorney-General.

Charles Zentai

Zentai’s appeal is due to be heard in Perth shortly.

Steiner has furnished the new evidence to Senator Robert Mclelland claiming that the Hungarian government knew where Zentai, now 88,  was living and from a soldier at the barracks at which Peter Balazs was beaten to death in front of other prisoners claiming that Zentai was not involved in the murder. Balazs was pulled from a tram in Budapest for not wearing the mandatory yellow Star of David in spite of the fact that the was carrying papers showing that he was living in Budapest under Swiss protection.

J-Wire has the newly presented evidence and publishes it below.

New evidence

The Attorney-General will also received an statutory declaration  from Karoly Szabo made in Sydney last month.

This is what Mr Szabo had to say:

Zentai’s legal team said it would take about 4/6 weeks to receive a reply.

Comments

One Response to “Zentai presents new evidence”
  1. Ken says:

    This whole matter is an absolute joke. So somebody maybe killed somebody else 66 years ago. So what ?

Speak Your Mind

Comments received without a full name will not be considered
Email addresses are NEVER published! All comments are moderated. J-Wire will publish considered comments by people who provide a real name and email address. Comments that are abusive, rude, defamatory or which contain offensive language will not be published

    Rules on posting comments