‘We set them back by years’: IAF continues operation to uproot Hamas’s infrastructure

May 19, 2021 by Aryeh Savir - TPS
Read on for article

The IDF continued with Operation Guardian of the Walls to uproot Hamas’ military infrastructure in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday night while Hamas and Islamic Jihad terrorists shelled Israeli towns and cities in the vicinity of the Strip.

Photo by Majdi Fathi/TPS

Gaza-based terrorists fired about 50 rockets throughout the night, including at the cities of Ashkelon and Ashdod. About 10 of the rockets fell short and exploded in the Gaza Strip.

No injuries or significant damage was caused by the rocket attacks.

IDF Spokesman Hadai Zilberman revealed Wednesday morning that the Israeli Air Force (IAF) has twice tried to assassinate Muhammad Def, commander of Hamas’ military wing,  in recent days during the operation. Israel has attempted to eliminate Def several times in the past.

Hamas claimed that it targeted IAF bases in its attacks, and Zilberman said that there are no rocket hits at Air Force bases, except for one rocket that fell in an open area near the Tel Nof base.

The IAF continued its campaign against Hamas’ so-called Metro underground city and bombed 12 km of tunnels in Khan Yunis and Rafah with some 120 accurate munitions.

The IAF concluded its campaign in the upscale Rimal neighbourhood after 30 hours of attacks. The neighbourhood is favoured by Hamas’ leadership and shields its terror infrastructure.

IAF fighter jets also attacked six Hamas underground rocket launch sites throughout the Gaza Strip.

Earlier in the evening, the IDF stated that it struck command and control centres located in the residences of 12 senior Hamas commanders in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated Tuesday night following an assessment of the situation at the IDF’s Southern Command headquarters that Hamas and the Islamic Jihad “received blows that they did not expect. I have no doubt we set them back by years.”

“We will continue as long as necessary in order to restore the quiet to all citizens of Israel. I am certain that all of our enemies around us see the price that we are exacting for the aggression against us, and I am certain that they will draw the conclusion,” he said.

A senior source in Jerusalem was quoted as saying Tuesday night that contrary to reports, there are no agreements and no commitments on Israel’s part to reach a ceasefire with the terrorist organizations in Gaza.

Comments

One Response to “‘We set them back by years’: IAF continues operation to uproot Hamas’s infrastructure”
  1. ben gershon says:

    despite what has been a supposed cordon blockade. Gaza amassed enough resources to mount a rocket war of two and half thousand and counting

    bibi for all his bloated security expertise .BLEW IT

    ben

Speak Your Mind

Comments received without a full name will not be considered
Email addresses are NEVER published! All comments are moderated. J-Wire will publish considered comments by people who provide a real name and email address. Comments that are abusive, rude, defamatory or which contain offensive language will not be published


    Rules on posting comments