Walt Secord says NSW Nationals must release names of 22 neo-nazis banned for life

November 4, 2018 by J-Wire Newsdesk
Read on for article

NSW Labor has accused the NSW National Party leader and Deputy Premier John Barilaro of protecting the 22 members banned for life for their links to neo-Nazi movements by refusing to name them, saying he is trying to avoid embarrassing the Berejiklian Government as some have worked as campaign and government staffers for them.

Walt Secord

NSW Labor frontbencher Walt Secord called on Mr Barilaro to release the names of the 22 members and to stop protecting them, saying they are a “cancer on Australian democracy”.

“They do not deserve to be protected. They deserve to be exposed to the whole community for their odious views and activities.”

“These poisonous elements should be exposed to the broad daylight. It is mindboggling that the Liberals and Nationals would want to protect them, and it is only because they have benefitted from their branch-staking and infiltration that their identities remain a secret,” Mr Secord said.

Mr Secord was responding to weekend reports that 22 people out of 35 people under investigation for their links to alt-Right and neo-Nazi groups, have been given lifetime membership bans while the membership status of a further 13 members remains unanswered.

It is understood that those blocked from membership may have had membership in the Australian League of Rights, the Lads Society, Squadron 88, The Dingoes, New Guard or Antipodean Resistance.

The Antipodean Resistance leads its website with the slogan “White Revolution is the only Solution”, compares itself with the Hitler Youth and promotes xenophobic, anti-Semitic and homophobic views.

The NSW Nationals announced the bans on Friday, but has so far refused to confirm the names of the  members.

It has also refused to explain or the status of the remaining members of the party who were alleged in Fairfax reports to be “caught up in the allegations”, including a member of the NSW Young Nationals Executive, a senior operative who works for the party’s federal secretariat, and is a former campaign manager for the NSW Deputy Premier.

Mr Secord, who is Deputy Opposition leader in the NSW Parliament’s Legislative Council and Deputy Chair of the NSW Parliamentary Friends of Israel said this has turned out to be one of the largest infiltrations of any major political movement in recent years, and that the NSW Nationals response was simply not good enough.

Walt Secord told J-Wire: “The Liberals and Nationals have been very slow to act and originally tried to deny the extent of the infiltration. Now, they are banning them, but they are refusing to say who they are.

We have been advised that some of those on the list have links with senior members of the Berejiklian Government.

These groups are downright disgusting and have no place in Australian politics.

They are offensive to the survivors of the Holocaust and Australian veterans who fought Nazism during World War II.

It is completely unacceptable in this day and age that a mainstream political party like the NSW Nationals would allow itself to become a safe haven for neo-Nazis” Mr Secord added.

NSW Labor’s calls also echo comments made by NSW Nationals Senator John Williams who over the weekend said that any members found to have been “putting up all these rots” should be “booted out”.

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-13/alt-right-plans-shake-up-of-mainstream-politics-in-australia/10368972?section=politics

The NSW Young Nationals have been linked to right-wing groups which have expressed racist comments about Jews and Asians and have targeted LGBTI groups – as well as espousing pro-Adolf Hitler sympathies and calling for the execution of LGBTI community members. Members also posed for photographs in front of Nazi uniformed guards.

Mr Secord said the infiltration plan was an old political tactic used by extreme right-wing groups in the 1970s; the racist and anti-Semitic Australian League of Rights attempted similar tactics with the Queensland National Party. At the time, the tactic was called “entryism” and the attempt was fought by then-Nationals leader Larry Anthony (Snr) and former Queensland Senator Ron Boswell.

Comments

4 Responses to “Walt Secord says NSW Nationals must release names of 22 neo-nazis banned for life”
  1. Liat Kirby says:

    Adrian,
    This expose of Neo-Nazi and Alt.Right members of the National Party is significantly more important than the old accusation of communists and corrupt trade unionists, the latter becoming a boring mantra from those who can’t abide the Labor Party.

    The point is not that they’ve now left the Nationals, but how they managed to join in the first place. NSW is a breeding ground for extremely unhealthy political aberrations and needs to be investigated as such.

    • Adrian Jackson says:

      Disagree Communists and trade union crook are more numerous and more powerful in Australia than a handful of right wing jerks who were formerly in the Nationals.

  2. Paul Winter says:

    Walt Secord should be supported by ECAJ & NSWJBD if it has definitely been established that the people trying to infiltrate the Nationals were in fact neo-Nazis.

    There should in fact be no reason for Walt to call on the Nationals to expose neo-Nazis, the Nationals should already have done that if that was indeed the case.

    And Jewish leaders should have been the first to demand that the neo-Nazis be exposed, but then again, Jewish leaders will do nothing in public and it might even have occurred to them that the visit to the Jewish Museum cure might not work on neo-Nazis.

  3. Adrian Jackson says:

    Relax Mr Secord the right wingers have left the National Party in NSW. May I suggest that you now concern on the communists and trade union crooks within the ALP.

    Also there are other right wingers in Australia masquerading as lobby groups that hide behind religion who while not fascists are not far off it.

Speak Your Mind

Comments received without a full name will not be considered
Email addresses are NEVER published! All comments are moderated. J-Wire will publish considered comments by people who provide a real name and email address. Comments that are abusive, rude, defamatory or which contain offensive language will not be published

    Rules on posting comments