The Jewish Community Council of Victoria (JCCV) is calling for nominations from community members interested in bringing new energy and ideas to its restructured Executive.
The new Executive structure retains the traditional roles of President, Vice- President and Treasurer, but now includes portfolios covering the following areas:
- Marketing/PR – responsible for community perception and awareness of the JCCV;
- Affiliate Support – responsible for meeting affiliate need;
- Community Engagement – engaging the community with the JCCV and its
- Memberships – building relationships with affiliates;
- Multicultural/ Interfaith – building relationships with multicultural/interfaith groups;
- Online Engagement – responsible for the JCCV’s online presence, inclusive of social media;
- Strategy & Stewardship
- Community Research – staying abreast of community issues, research and
activity, particularly within the area of social justice.
“This is the biggest restructure of the Jewish community’s leadership in a long time. If you are passionate, enthusiastic and have skills to offer our community, all roles are open and we want to hear from you,” said JCCV President John Searle.
The new structure aligns the Executive with the organisation’s mission to provide leadership and a voice to live as Jews and participate fully and without prejudice in Victorian society.
It comes as the end result of a comprehensive survey conducted amongst JCCV affiliates earlier this year, as well as a two-day strategy and visioning workshop facilitated by Joel Barolsky, Managing Director of Barolsky Advisors.
“It has been an exciting time listening to the needs of our affiliates and revisiting JCCV activity to match affiliate and community need,” Searle added.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a positive contribution to your community, please contact the JCCV office on (03) 9272 5566 to request Position Descriptions.