Australia Condemns Murder Attack in Israel

March 14, 2011 Agencies
Read on for article

The Australian Government has condemned the attack on an Israeli family in the settlement of Itamar last week.

 

The Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd said he was deeply shocked at reports of the brutal slaying of the family, including three young children, as they slept in their home on the night of 11 March.

“This is a despicable act of terrorism. There can be no justification for the brutal murder of three innocent children and their parents,” said Mr Rudd.

“I call for every effort to be made to bring the perpetrators to justice, and for the Palestinian Authority to do everything it can with the Government of Israel to achieve this,” said Mr Rudd.

The Australian Government said it  expresses its deepest condolences to surviving family members and friends.

The Al Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigade has claimed responsibility for the attack.

 

Comments

3 Responses to “Australia Condemns Murder Attack in Israel”
  1. kate says:

    Paul Winter, you are correct. More people must wake up to the reality that al Aksa and the like are not ‘peace partners’ or freedom fighters. They are, as you succintly stated, “murderous war mongers.”

  2. Barbara says:

    I was born and raised in Marrickville.
    I am VERY ashamed of the Council in this area now.
    SHAME ON YOU SHAME.

  3. Paul Winter says:

    The al Aksa Martyrs brigands are a Fatah franchise. If the PA and history revisor Abu Mazen don’t shut it down, arrest the psychopathic terrorists and hand them over to Israel to put on trial for crimes against humanity, then they will have demonstrated (once again) that they are murderous war mongers and definitely not “peace partners” as they are portrayed.

    It is nice to know that our foreign minister has – after long last – learned to use the “t” word, terrorist, correctly.