Employment Vacant: Sydney’s Montefiore Chef Manager
Sir Moses Montefiore seeks a Chef Manager in its facility in Woollahra.
A rare opportunity is available for an experienced Chef Manager to provide a high level food service experience for our valued residents in our Jewish Aged Care Facility in the attractive suburb of Woollahra.
With the support of a knowledgeable and experienced team you will be responsible for a stand-alone food and beverage operation within our boutique style facility accommodating fifty residents.
This position is a truly hands on and fully immersive role that demands a diverse range of skills that you will need to utilise in order to succeed and thrive in this key role. Your key responsibilities will include;
- Manage the quality of all food prepared
- Manage dedicated kitchen and food service team
- Designing and developing all menus and recipes
- Overseeing presentation for service of all menu content
- Compliance to HACCP food preparation standards and Vulnerable Persons Food Act
- Ownership of stock control, ordering, and food and labour costs
- Ensure an exceptional standard of dining room service for our Residents
- Reporting to the Group Executive Chef, our ideal candidate will possess values that are aligned to the Jewish culture with specific experience and working knowledge of Kashrut principles.
- Previous experience in a similar kitchen management role
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a trade qualified Chef/Cook
- Effective interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work well within a team, as well as independently
- A proven ability to effectively lead and mentor a team
- High level attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage food and labour costs
- Strong organisation and planning skills and ability to delegate to a team
The role would suit an individual who is passionate with experience in their own catering operation and has a flair for cooking and engaging with people.
If you are an experienced professional who is a strong and involved leader who enjoys the responsibility of running a stand-alone operation then we would like to hear from you.
As an industry leading provider who consistently strives to be recognised as an Employer of Choice, we actively support the development of our staff through extensive training opportunities. The successful candidate will also receive a competitive remuneration package and generous leave entitlements including an RDO each month and 5 weeks annual leave with leave loading.
For more information about the Montefiore Home visit: www.montefiorehome.com.au
Applications close: Wednesday 22 March 2017
Enquiries: Alex Langham, HR Advisor – 8345 9245