Emanuel School’s HSC success
Sydney’s Emanuel School’s HSC results for the class of 2016 reflect a diversity of student interest and strong achievement. We celebrate many high achievers in this year’s HSC, with over 40% of Emanuel students achieving an ATAR of over 90.
The School ranks 38th in the State (top 6%), based on the HSC, with Band 6 results across all subjects.
- Jake Green achieved 9th in the State in Business Studies
- Five of the School’s HSC candidates are on the All Round Achievers List
- 100% of Music 1 students gained a Band 6
- Four students were nominated for HSC exhibitions:
- Asher Klein and Dean Smuskowitz for OnSTAGE
- Sara Ehrlich and Carla Ryan for ARTEXPRESS
- Sara Ehrlich’s body of work was accepted into the President’s selection to be displayed in the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards’ Boardroom, one of 17 to be included in this exhibition.
Anne Hastings, Principal, said: “We are very pleased with our HSC results and heartily congratulate our students and teachers on their success this year. The Class of 2016 has demonstrated their creative talents in particular, with exceptional results in Drama, Music and Visual Arts. These have accompanied strong results across the range of other subjects. We particularly commend our students for the diversity of their achievements this year – they are exceptional young people who will no doubt make a considerable positive contribution to global society in their future. I also acknowledge the Emanuel School teachers for the tremendous support, encouragement and guidance they have provided to the students throughout the years.”