Since 2015, the Sydney Alliance has been holding ‘Table Talk’ events to address the issue of refugees and people seeking asylum.
The NSW Jewish Board of Deputies is a member of the Sydney Alliance…an association of civil society organisations including faith groups, community organisations and unions from a broad range of sectors.
These events are an opportunity to meet people who are refugees and seekers of asylum, hear their personal stories and explore questions about policy within a safe space.
The Jewish community has held such events at the NSW Jewish Board of Deputies/Sydney Jewish Museum, Emanuel Synagogue and Moriah College.
In a first for the north shore Jewish community, we will be hosting an evening with Sudanese and Afghan guests on
THURSDAY evening APRIL 27
in the Teperson Hall, Kehillat Masada, St Ives
There is NO CHARGE for this event.
There are at least four good reasons to come along:
1. To continue the conversation in our community about these issues, which have traditional resonance for us – particularly at Pesach – and which are among the issues at the top of the international agenda
2. To explore some of the tough questions and deep concerns which some have about these issues
3. To take our own stories of Jewish refugees and asylum-seekers to the wider community
4. To engage with refugees and people seeking asylum, as well as with experts in the field from the Jewish and wider communities
5. PLUS to do all of the above in the manner we do best: around a table over food (light supper will be provided)
RSVP Ydele@nswjbd.com and (for catering purposes) tell us how many of you and your friends plan to attend.
If you would like more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org .